When you think of what your body can do, WOW, how awesome. I nursed my 6 year old for 6 weeks, and I nursed a set of twins for 6 months! The first 6 weeks was the roughest, I wish I would have stuck with it longer for my daughter. The best advise that I received, and I received it from Lavawn, was nurse throught it. I was nursing my son when I looked down and saw blood all over his new little face, as well as my entire breast. I had a cracked nipple that didn't have time to be cracked, but I had to nurse through it. I then had a blocked milk duct, very painful, I was ready to give up. Nurse through it, she says! I used a heating pad, massaged it, and nursed through the discomfort, but it went away without medication, I believe because I showed it the attention it needed. You have to remember to drink enough, eat enough, and get enough vitamins so the babies are taken care of, as well as yourself. I have a hard time listening to Mom's that use every excuse in the book why they don't or didn't nurse. Your body will let you do this. Your milk will come. When that baby starts looking up at you while you are feeding, goodness, it makes all of the extra time you put into this worth it. YOU are responsible for sustaining their life. YOU are nourishing this little person. YOU, right now, are their world. Your heart and mind know that this is the best thing  for these babies, don't let it go to waste!